Addictions Treatment Service
Addictions Treatment Service offers confidential assistance to individuals 12 years of age or older who are experiencing problems with alcohol, drugs or gambling. Family and friends are also encouraged to contact the Addictions Treatment Service for support if they are concerned about someone who is struggling with addiction issues.
What kind of assistance?
- Education and Information
- Navigation of services
- Treatment Planning
- Referral to appropriate resources
- Out-patient Treatment
- Smoking Cessation - group or individual format
- Physician led aftercare group (weekly) or individually
- Access to a physician
- Community based Opioid Case Management Program
- Parent Lifeline of Eastern Ontario (PLEO) peer support group
- Strengthening Families for Parents and Youth Program
- School based services in the Catholic Board of Education
- Walk-in counselling services in partnership with the Phoenix Centre for Children and Families.
Who Can Refer?
Anyone can make referrals to the A.T.S., physicians, nurses, mental health workers, employers, union officials, judges, lawyers, staff of social service agencies and self-referrals are encouraged. Please note when making a referral on someone else's behalf please ensure the person is aware of the nature of the referral, as we are a voluntary service.
How does the service work?
First, a trained counsellor conducts an interview with the person to determine how alcohol, drugs or gambling are affecting a number of life areas. Then, together they complete a comprehensive Addiction and Mental Health assessment from which a treatment plan is developed, which may include referrals to Residential Treatment Services and/or other Community Resources.
How to make an appointment:
Call Addictions Treatment Services, Main Office in Renfrew 613-432-9855 or toll free, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 1-800-265-0197.
Services available in:
- Arnprior - Wednesday
- Barry's Bay - Tuesday
- Deep River & Golden Lake - Friday
- Renfrew & Pembroke - Monday to Friday
- Petawawa - Wednesday