The perks are plentiful at RVH
- Competitive compensation
- Generous health and dental benefit plan available
- Defined Benefit Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) available
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Up to $800 in education funds every year
- Training opportunities for specialty areas
- Full training on our modern EMR (EPIC)
- On-site modern gym open 24/7
- Access to our beautiful outdoor healing garden
- Supportive, experienced managers who are visible, available, and actively involved
- Regular staff recognition, appreciation and wellness activities such as free yoga, lunches, treats, draws, and more
- Rural / small-town living with big city amenities a short highway drive away
Our Nurses love working at RVH!
Nurses at RVH:
- are eligible to apply for the Frances Wilson Bursary for education, which provides tens of thousands of dollars of educational grants to our nurses each year.
- enjoy reasonable nursing:patient ratios and workload - with the variety and complexity to challenge you
- receive exposure to skills, and extra support. We will help support you and support each other. We offer unique career opportunities is departments including our Regional Nephrology Program, Special Care Unit, Operating Room and Oncology.
- appreciate the short drive to Ottawa – see our Life at RVH section
"The environment is a ‘can do’ one – the staff are encouraged to bring their ideas forward and to act on making those ideas come to fruition.
RVH is a great employer as it continually strives to recognize its workforce in a meaningful way.”
– Roxanne Nolan,
Canada Student Loan Forgiveness
Educational Assistance for Nurses (RNs and RPNs) in Under-Served Rural or Remote Communities
Many rural and remote communities in Canada lack the primary health care they need. As of April 2013, the Government of Canada started offering Canada Student Loan Forgiveness to eligible family doctors, residents in family medicine, nurse practitioners, and nurses who work in these areas.
Loan forgiveness can be applied to outstanding Canada Student Loan balances and only apply to the federal portion of the loan.
Nurses could receive up to $20,000 in Canada Student Loan forgiveness over a maximum of five years ($4,000 per year).
For more information, eligibility criteria and how to apply, please refer to our Canada Student Loan Forgiveness document.
Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN)
Nurses at RVH may be eligible for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN), which provides $25,000 in grant funding in exchange for a two-year commitment to an eligible employer.
In addition, participating hospitals, LTC homes and HCC, Primary Care and Mental Health and Addiction agencies who employ eligible nurses through the CCPN will receive an education grant to fund professional development and training opportunities for nurses on their staff to pursue opportunities to enhance their clinical skills.
For more information go to the HealthForceOntario website.
Supervised Practice Experience Partnership (SPEP)
The Supervised Practice Experience Partnership (the program) is a partnership program between the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), Ontario Health and CNO approved organizations.
The program offers applicants the option to complete a supervised practice experience in Ontario to demonstrate current nursing knowledge, skill and judgement and language proficiency skills. By participating in the program, applicants will have an opportunity to meet the following requirements to enter practice as a nurse:
- Evidence of Practice, or
- Evidence of Practice and Language Proficiency
Find out more on the CNO website
Are you interested in an RN opportunity but need training?
RVH provides training opportunities to Registered Nurses:
- Full-time in-house training with experienced employees
- Exposure to new skills, with the variety and complexity to challenge you
- Opportunities in Complex Continuing Care, Dialysis, ER, Medical/Surgical, Regional Assault Care Program and SCU
To view our current Training Opportunities, please visit our Job Postings.
Our Nursing Students Love Placements at RVH:
- You will be placed with experienced preceptors, invested in your success.
- Your manager is visible, available and actively involved in your learning.
- After placement, we offer FT, PT and Casual job opportunities!
For more information about what we can offer you as a student, please refer to our Clinical Nursing Placement Opportunities document.