Our Nurses love working at RVH!
Nurses at RVH:
- are eligible to apply for the Frances Wilson Bursary for education, which provides tens of thousands of dollars of educational grants to our nurses each year
- enjoy reasonable nursing:patient ratios and workload – with the variety and complexity to challenge you
- receive exposure to skills, and extra support, access to unique career opportunities in departments including our Regional Nephrology Program, Special Care Unit, Operating Room, Oncology, Emergency Department, and Regional Assault Care Program
- are eligible for multiple incentive programs such as Canada Student Loan Forgiveness (CSLF), Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN), Supervised Practice Experience Partnership (SPEP), Nursing Graduate Guarantee (NGG).
“I chose RVH for its sense of community and commitment to provide excellent care to patients and families. My 18 years here have been very positive, and I am proud to be a part of this great hospital. The team is professional, caring, and respectful. The nursing staff are kind, considerate and helpful. I am continuously provided with ongoing training opportunities to improve my knowledge and skills to grow. RVH is a great place to have a supportive and quality nursing career.“
–Holly Vincent, RPN
Health, Safety and Infection Control Assistant
Canada Student Loan Forgiveness
Educational Assistance for Nurses (RNs and RPNs) in Under-Served Rural or Remote Communities
Many rural and remote communities in Canada lack the primary health care they need. As of April 2013, the Government of Canada started offering Canada Student Loan Forgiveness to eligible family doctors, residents in family medicine, nurse practitioners, and nurses who work in these areas.
Loan forgiveness can be applied to outstanding Canada Student Loan balances and only apply to the federal portion of the loan.
Nurses could receive up to $20,000 in Canada Student Loan forgiveness over a maximum of five years ($4,000 per year).
For more information, eligibility criteria and how to apply, please refer to our Canada Student Loan Forgiveness document.
Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN)
Nurses at RVH may be eligible for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN), which provides $25,000 in grant funding in exchange for a two-year commitment to an eligible employer. Nurses must be scheduled full-time hours to be eligible for this grant and must be in their first six months of work in Ontario as a nurse.
For more information go to the HealthForceOntario website or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Supervised Practice Experience Partnership (SPEP)
The Supervised Practice Experience Partnership (the program) is a partnership program between the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), Ontario Health and CNO approved organizations. The program offers applicants the option to complete a supervised practice experience in Ontario to demonstrate current nursing knowledge, skill and judgement and language proficiency skills.
If you are an internationally educated nurse (IEN) or nurse returning to practice who has met all your registration requirements except for evidence of px and/or evidence of px plus language proficiency and are eligible for SPEP, as confirmed by the CNO, we may be able to support you in completing your final requirements for registration through a supervised px experience. Reach out of us at email@example.com for more information or find out more on the CNO website.
Nursing Graduate Guarantee
The NGG program provides new graduate nurses in Ontario, including those who studied out-of-province and abroad, with temporary full-time employment, above staffing complement, to support their successful transition into practice. As of April 1, 2018, changes have been made to the NGG program to ensure that in addition to gaining valuable work experience, participating nurses can successfully transition into full-time employment or the equivalent of full-time hours. For more information see https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/hhrsd/nursing/docs/NGG_FAQ.pdf or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in an RN opportunity but need training?
RVH provides training opportunities to Registered Nurses:
- Full-time in-house training with experienced employees
- Exposure to new skills, with the variety and complexity to challenge you
- Opportunities in Complex Continuing Care, Dialysis, ER, Medical/Surgical, Regional Assault Care Program and SCU
To view our current training opportunities, please visit our job postings or, if you don’t see anything you like, contact us directly at email@example.com
Our Nursing Students Love Placements at RVH:
- You will be placed with experienced preceptors, invested in your success.
- Your manager is visible, available and actively involved in your learning.
- After placement, we offer FT, PT and Casual job opportunities!
For more information about what we can offer you as a student, please refer to our Clinical Nursing Placement Opportunities document. or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coming from Canada outside of Ontario?
The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) provides a step-by-step registration guide for nurses in Canada (outside Ontario).
Contact us for more information (email@example.com)