The Renfrew Victoria Hospital Physiotherapy Department is dedicated to providing innovative care that focuses on the physical needs of patients.
Our team prides itself on treating patients with dignity and respect in an environment that fosters health and wellness.
RVH Physiotherapists are registered and licensed with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
Our Physiotherapists have a university degree in Physiotherapy, extensive clinical experience and are committed to helping you or your family member strengthen their mobility, endurance, confidence and independence.
- Our physiotherapists work directly on the in-patient units, and treat a wide variety of areas, including orthopedics, neurology, cardiorespiratory and falls, just to name a few.
- The Physiotherapist will assess and recommend an individualized, safe mobility strategy for each patient.
- Our Physiotherapy Assistants help implement a patient's mobility and exercise program, as prescribed by the Physiotherapist.
- The white board in the patient's room indicates the patient's mobility and equipment needs in order to maintain their safety while in hospital.
- In addition to our in-patient services, we offer out-patient physiotherapy, provided you have a physician's referral.
- Our out-patient services are funded by OHIP, and to quality for said program, you have to meet one of the following criteria:
- be over 65 years of age
- be under 19 years of age
- be hospitalized directly for the condition for which you are being referred
- On ODSP/Ontario Works
- If you do not meet the above criteria, we encourage patients to use insurance plan coverage (if available) and to seek private therapy. Unfortunately patients who do not qualify for our Community Funded Clinic will face longer wait list times to access our services.
- In addition to the above, we offer specialized out-patient services for Lymphedema management and Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy. We make every attempt to see these patients in a timely manner, but access to these services may also involve a longer wait time.
- Unfortunately, we do not treat any patients who are being referred through WSIB or for motor vehicle accidents.
The Physiotherapy Department can be reached at 613-432-4851 ext. 281 or ext. 282.
Out-Patient Physiotherapy appointment bookings can be reached at 613-432-4851 ext. 351.
Referrals can be faxed to 613-432-4349 or dropped off in person to the department.
The RVH Physiotherapy Department hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.