|$58,500 - $67,801 annually
Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a progressive leader in the delivery of rural health care. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis as the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO.
About this Role In this role, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the President and Chief Executive Officer, Chief of Staff, President of Medical Staff and the Board of Directors to ensure the smooth functioning of the Hospital. You will enjoy a fast-paced and hands-on work environment that offers ample opportunities to contribute to the delivery of health services in Renfrew County. This is a business hour position from Monday to Friday, with after-hour work as required.
As the primary contact for the President and CEO’s office, you are responsible for overseeing the requirements for efficient day-to-day administration of the office, including handling of all incoming direct inquiries and scheduling. You will coordinate all meetings, develop agendas and minute taking for the Senior Management team, the Board of Directors, and Medical Staff. An additional key facet of your role will be to work in conjunction with the Chief of Staff to carry out the Physician credentialing.
About UsThe Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, our 470+ staff and physicians provide medical, surgical and complex continuing care as well as extensive ambulatory care with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year. RVH also continues to be a driver in rural healthcare through its regional programs including Nephrology, Regional Assault Care, Addictions Treatment
Service, Sleep Lab, Cancer Care Satellite Centre, and Diabetes education. Serving patients and families of Renfrew County and beyond, RVH has a well-deserved reputation for having one of the most supportive, positive and collegial work environments for our multidisciplinary teams, while delivering the highest quality comprehensive patient care.
The hospital is located a campus consisting of Renfrew Victoria Hospital, Renfrew Hospice, Bonnechere Manor Long Term Care facility, Quail Creek Long Term Care facility, Addictions Treatment Services, Ottawa Valley Physio, Renfrew Family Chiropractic Centre, Dynacare Laboratories, the regional 911 Communications centre and three clinics. Our hospital’s location in the Town of Renfrew, offers the best of small-town living with easy access to urban amenities. Collegiality amongst physicians, nurses, administration and staff make the Renfrew Victoria Hospital a wonderful place to work.
What We Offer
• Competitive salary
• Paid time off (starting at 4 weeks’ vacation)
• Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Group Life Insurance
• Continuing Education Fund
• On-site parking
• The support of a longstanding and experienced team
• Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or an Executive Office Administration program combined with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a comparable role.
• Experience working in a hospital is preferred.
• Familiarity with the local political and demographic landscape preferred.
• Extensive experience taking meeting minutes is required.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including the capacity to exercise perception and tact in working with people having varied interests.
• Excellent keyboarding skills and highly proficient in Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel and Teams), Zoom, Publisher and Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience using and updating content management systems (i.e. Sharepoint) and websites is considered an asset.
• Ability to work independently under conditions of frequent interruption and stressful situations with accuracy to meet strict deadlines.
• Alertness to detect errors and ability to make independent decisions.
• A Criminal Record Check (valid within the last 6 months).