Renfrew Victoria Hospital is a 55 bed, fully accredited facility, offering, surgical, medical, and complex continuing care. Special in‐patient services include a Special Care Unit, Palliative Care, and Pastoral Care. The hospital has an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year. RVH has been designated by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care as the Regional Centre for Renfrew County Nephrology Services. As such a 20‐station hemodialysis unit is located at RVH, a 6‐ station satellite hemodialysis unit is located at the St. Francis Memorial Hospital in Barry’s Bay and a 6‐ station unit at the Pembroke Regional Hospital. Pre‐dialysis care clinics are also offered.
RVH also offers a satellite oncology service and 25 specialist out‐patient clinics. RVH sponsors county‐ wide services in Addictions Treatment Services, Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP), Regional Assault Care Program, and Sleep Lab. There is full diagnostic support within the hospital including staff radiologists providing radiological, ultrasound, bone density, CT and mammography support. In addition, there is a comprehensive surgical program. We also have an Internist on staff who provides exercise stress testing, echocardiography, cardiopulmonary and allergy testing.
The hospital is located on the campus of the Renfrew and Area Health Services Village which consists of Renfrew Victoria Hospital, Renfrew Hospice, Bonnechere Manor Long Term Care facility, Quail Creek Long term Care facility, Addictions Services, Ottawa Valley Physio, Renfrew Family Chiropractic Centre, Dynacare Laboratories, the regional 911 Communications centre and three professionals clinics. Located just 45 minutes west of downtown Ottawa, our hospital’s location in the Town of Renfrew, offers the best of small-town living with easy access to urban amenities.
Collegiality amongst physicians, nurses, administration and staff make the Renfrew Victoria Hospital a wonderful place to work. Renfrew and the surrounding communities offer a beautiful and affordable rural life style within a 45 minute drive to Ottawa.
Join our nursing team at RVH where we are Growing Forward and Building Care!
Our nurses love working at RVH.
- • Reasonable nursing ratios and workload – with the variety and complexity to challenge you.
- • Do you want extra exposure to skills, or need extra support? We will help you.
- • Our team supports you, and supports each other.
- • Managers are visible, available and actively involved
- • Nursing ratios are reasonable, as is workload – with the variety and complexity to challenge you.
Speak with one of our team or come see for yourself.
Just 45 minutes away from Ottawa.
New staff can access up to $20,000 in Canada Student Loan forgiveness!
Education Fund * Training Opportunities * Staff Gym * EMR * Experienced Team * Recognition
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital is currently inviting applications for a temporary (12 months), part-time Palliative Care Coordinator to backfill a maternity leave. Reporting to the V.P. of Patient Care Services the successful candidate will lead the Hospital Palliative Care Team and possess the following competencies:
- • Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- • Clinical expertise in palliative care including pain & symptom management.
- • Manage a caseload of palliative patients living with a progressive life limiting illness
- • Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced patient and family- centered care environment with competing priorities.
- • Ethical decision making.
- • Collaborate with a variety of different stakeholders and demonstrate leadership with inter-professional team, including providers within the circle of care for individual patients and caregivers.
- • Demonstrate leadership with inter-professional teams.
- • Support the scheduling and coordination of planning meetings with team members.
- • The role includes recruiting, screening and orientation of Volunteers
- • Provide ongoing in-service education.
- • Representation on the Regional End of Life -Network Committee.
- • Demonstrates effective use of a computer for EHR documentation purposes.
A member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario; Canadian National Certification in palliative care, or equivalent; a minimum of 2 years of recent experience in palliative care); computer literacy; and, a valid driver`s license.