Back to Job Opportunities
Job Posting Number:
|$31.98 - $33.93 / hourly
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
We are currently recruiting for a Casual Respiratory Therapist to support the hospital during a time of high demand.
This position will include day tours as per schedule. This position is unionized under the CUPE collective agreement and comes with optional enrolment in a defined pension plan and progression through a competitive wage grid.
Named the ‘Most Welcoming Town 2017’, the Town of Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life including a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, Renfrew is situated only minutes away from pristine waterways, woodlands and forests, with the amenities of Ottawa close at hand.
• Previous experience as a Respiratory Therapist in a hospital setting preferred;
• Graduate of a recognized college with an accredited program in Respiratory Therapy;
• Registered with the College of Respiratory;
• ACLS certification (preferred)
• Able to work without direct supervision with a high level of initiative;
• Competent in all therapeutic modalities relating to Respiratory Therapy including Pulmonary Function Testing;
• Ability to work independently within the framework of RVH policies and procedures, and the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists code of ethics;
• Ability to work independently and to perform duties in the physical demands of work area;
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills in a fast paced environment.
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires are required to obtain a Police Record Check or a Vulnerable Sector Check valid from within the last six (6) months, as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses (including having received full COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago) as a pre-condition of employment.
All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275 or by emailing HR@renfrewhosp.com