Joining the RVH Board of Directors
Have you ever considered being a member of the RVH Board of Directors?
Working with the RVH Volunteer Board is a rewarding and fun experience. Everybody has something significant to contribute!
Interested in being on a volunteer Board? Our formal recruitment occurs each spring. We are looking for active members of our community who are interested in health related issues and projects. We look to Renfrew County residents with a variety of skills, experience and interest. Applications are welcome at any time should there be a vacancy during the year.
Our experience shows that Directors enjoy their time on the Board. The RVH Board of Directors is stable but due to natural attrition (9 consecutive years), illness or Directors leaving the community, it is necessary to canvas for suitable candidates. In any given year, incumbent Board Directors may be eligible for re-appointment which impacts on the demand.
Members of the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Board are community-minded individuals who:
• Have a commitment to providing strategic policy direction and leadership for the continued development of RVH
• Are prepared to commit personal time and effort of approximately 10-15 hours a month.
• Board meetings are held in the evening while committee meetings are held during the noon hour.
• Have an active interest in your community and in health related matters
• Have knowledge of health issues and/or a willingness to learn
• Have effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Have the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• Have leadership potential
• Have the ability to bring a useful perspective to the deliberations of the Board
• Understand and be willing to accept the responsibility and accountability for being a member of the Board
• Are willing to make a three-year commitment
• Shall be a resident or employed or carried on business in Renfrew County for a continuous period of six months immediately prior to being appointed.
Application for Membership
Applications are welcome at any time should there be a vacancy during the year.
We are committed to providing a safe, secure and respectful environment for our patients, staff and visitors
and will not tolerate any form of violent, abusive or aggressive behaviour.