|Regional Nephrology Program
Renfrew Victoria Hospital is a 55 bed, fully accredited facility, offering, surgical, medical, and complex continuing care. Special in‐patient services include a Special Care Unit, Palliative Care, and Pastoral Care. The hospital has an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year. RVH has been designated by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care as the Regional Centre for Renfrew County Nephrology Services. As such a 20‐station hemodialysis unit is located at RVH, a 6‐ station satellite hemodialysis unit is located at the St. Francis Memorial Hospital in Barry’s Bay and a 6‐ station unit at the Pembroke Regional Hospital. Pre‐dialysis care clinics are also offered.
RVH also offers a satellite oncology service and 25 specialist out‐patient clinics. RVH sponsors county‐ wide services in Addictions Treatment Services, Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP), Regional Assault Care Program, and Sleep Lab. There is full diagnostic support within the hospital including staff radiologists providing radiological, ultrasound, bone density, CT and mammography support. In addition, there is a comprehensive surgical program. We also have an Internist on staff who provides exercise stress testing, echocardiography, cardiopulmonary and allergy testing.
The hospital is located on the campus of the Renfrew and Area Health Services Village which consists of Renfrew Victoria Hospital, Renfrew Hospice, Bonnechere Manor Long Term Care facility, Quail Creek Long term Care facility, Addictions Services, Ottawa Valley Physio, Renfrew Family Chiropractic Centre, Dynacare Laboratories, the regional 911 Communications centre and three professionals clinics. Located just 45 minutes west of downtown Ottawa, our hospital’s location in the Town of Renfrew, offers the best of small-town living with easy access to urban amenities.
Join our nursing team at RVH where we are Growing Forward and Building Care!
OUR NURSES LOVE WORKING AT RVH. HERE'S WHY:
All Registered Nurses must meet the minimum requisite skills, abilities, and requirements:
- Reasonable nursing ratios and workload – with the variety and complexity to challenge you.
- Do you want extra exposure to skills, or need extra support? We will help support you and support each other.
- Managers are visible, available and actively involved.
- Short drive away from Ottawa.
- New staff can access up to $20,000 in Canada Student Loan forgiveness!
- Education Fund.
- Training Opportunities.
- Staff Gym.
- Electronic Medical Record (EPIC). Comprehensive training provided.
- Experienced Team.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Vulnerable Sector Check valid within the last 6 months.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer for EHR documentation purposes. EPIC training is provided.
• Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Successful completion of Hospital-based Nephrology Nursing Program
• Minimum 2 years current experience in hospital based hemodialysis program.
• Current experience in Peritoneal Dialysis and Kidney Care Clinic
• Current knowledge and experience in the management of vascular access in hemodialysis
• Demonstrates the ability to act as a team leader to support the clinical practice and the day-to-day function of the Regional Nephrology Program
• Must hold a valid Ontario driver’s license and have use of a vehicle
• Current Certification in BCLS.
• Excellent assessment skills and well developed interpersonal skills.
• CNA (C.Neph.) certification required.
• Formal patient education experience in a structured program.
• Ability to work independently and to perform duties in the physical demands of work area.
• Demonstrates effective use of a computer for EHR documentation purposes
• Bilingualism an asset.